It's that time of year again when we re-evaluate ourselves, our lives and map out our foreseeable future with perhaps some fresh new goals, ideas and aspirations as we usher in 2022. January is an auspicious time to align our minds and hearts with our deepest desires and aim to release old ways of thinking and doing that are no longer serving our well-being or supporting us on our path. Resolutions, much like intentions, don't have to be complicated but they can be specific and helpful to help steer you in the direction you want to go.
Here are my top 5 to get you going:
1) Each morning when I get up and put my two feet on the ground I will say "thank you". It's a new day and a new opportunity to be the best you and to put your best foot forward.
2) I will think positively and remind myself on a regular basis that my thoughts form my reality and shape my future. Eliminating negative self-talk is a very important step in improving your confidence and moving forward on your path. We have the remarkable ability to elevate our own minds when we reach for a higher thought or take a moment of gratitude.
3) BREATHE is an excellent daily mantra. The breath is free, portable and always available for you to help you bring you back to your center when things feel chaotic. No matter where we are or what we are doing we can remind ourselves of our breath. Setting a simple intention or mantra like this to bring yourself back to throughout the day can help keep you focused and calm.
4) When it's one of those days, when crisis, despair or disappointment feels like it's swallowing you up do your best to remind yourself "this too shall pass". The challenges and obstacles we face in life are our greatest teachers to facilitate profound growth. There is always a bigger picture unfolding. Trust that the universe has your back.
5) Communication. The key to healthy relationships and harmony with others. Need I say more?! I will speak my truth but also know when...now may not be the best time. Finding a pause before reacting is practicing mindfulness. Being mindful of our thoughts, words and actions and how they affect others.
Let's do our best to be kinder to ourselves and others and focus on what is good and positive in our lives.
Here's to a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2022!!